Mount Ijen Crater – Bromo-Tour.Com. Are you looking for complete information about Mount Ijen? starting location, route, price of entrance ticket, tips and travel guide?. East Java may be the favorite tourist destination in Indonesia which is also visited by many local and international tourists. After Malang Batu, Mount Bromo and Surabaya, Banyuwangi also has a tourism potential that is very cool to pass up. From the coast to the mountain, Banyuwangi is worthy of being an attractive tourist priority. There are lots of tourist attractions in Banyuwangi. One of them is Mount Ijen Crater in Banyuwangi, East Java.
About Mount Ijen Crater
Mount Ijen Indonesia / kawah ijen is part of the Baluran National Park, located on the border of Bondowoso and Banyuwangi Regencies. So Ijen crater is identical to Ijen Banyuwangi Crater or Ijen Bondowoso Crater. Precisely located at the eastern end of the East Java provincial government area.
Located of Mount Ijen
Ijen Crater Tourism is geographically located between 8 ° 2’30 ‘- 8 ° 5’30’ -114 ° 12’30 ‘- 114 ° 16’30’ BT. In the north it is bordered by the protected forest of mount Remuk and on the west it is bordered by the Banyuwangi-Bondowoso crossing road, the southern part is bordered by the Banyu Linu River and the eastern border is the slope of Mount Merapi. And it has a height of 2,386 meters above sea level.
With located between bondowoso and banyuwangi districts and the location is in the eastern of java island. Especially a part of east java province.
Route to Mount Ijen
To go to Mount Kawah Ijen here there are two alternative choices for you to reach, namely you can access from two alternative routes through 2 lines, namely, west (Surabaya / Malang / Probolinggo) and east (Banyuwangi or Bali). Generally, tourists come to Ijen Crater via Surabaya or Malang. Because most visiters combine Java overland tour, Jakarta, Bandung, Yogyakarta, Malang or Surabaya, tour to Bromo and proceed to Ijen Crater Banyuwangi then go on vacation to Bali and Lombok. Besides access from the west is quite easy, another advantage is the easy to find lodging accommodation, hotels, homestays closest to the ijen crater. Although it can also be via the train station or airport or airport, Blimbingsari Banyuwangi. Access details and routes to Mount Ijen from the west are as follows.
Route to Mount Ijen From Surabaya Malang Yogyakarta
As for the western route or Mount Ijen Tour from Surabaya Malang or Yogyakarta the following route is as follows:
- Surabaya to Bondowoso district 191 Km (4 hours drive)
- Bondowoso to Sempol 55 Km (1 hours drive)
- Sempol to Paltuding 10 Km
- Paltuding to Peak of Ijen Crater Lake 3 Km by walking around 2 hours climbing
Route to Mount Ijen From Banyuwangi or Bali
- Bali Denpasar / Ubud / Kuta to Gilimanuk Port
- Gilimanuk Port to Ketapang Port Banyuwangi by bus / ferry
- Banyuwangi to Licin 18Km by car
- Licin to Paltuding 15 km
- Paltuding to Peak of Ijen Crater Lake 3 Km by walking around 2 hours climbing
Route above is same if your want start from Banyuwangi train station, banyuwangi hotel or banyuwangi airport / ijen airport. Detail of route to mount ijen , please see following link https://bromo-tour.com/route-to-ijen-crater/
The climbing route from Paltuding is very easy , because it only consists of 1 hiking trail. From Paltuding to Ijen Crater, at least 3 hours of climbing are needed (depending on each body’s stamina). If you want to see the blue fire, of course you have to arrive at Ijen Crater before 4:00 a.m. and that means the climb must be done quite quickly.
Mount Ijen Map
Interest point Of Mount Ijen Crater
The beauty of Ijen Crater is a crater from Mount Ijen which has a beautiful panorama and can be visited as a tourist attraction in the mountains. The scenery offered will provide its own tranquility for tourists. Although basically tourists need to climb with difficulty, but when they are at their peak there will be amazing views that may not be in other mountain craters. Most of visitor of foregn combine tour to mount bromo and mount ijen and famous called with bromo ijen tour.
Mount Ijen Blue Fire / Ijen Blue Flame
One of the advantages of Ijen Crater is the view of ijen Blue Fire or called blue flame. Blue Fire itself is a view of the blue fire from sulfur in Ijen Crater which is said to have only 2 in the world. Blue Fire can only be seen when it’s dark/night. This is the unique side of Mount Ijen, where tourists who want to see the Blue Fire have to climb from midnight so as not to lose the sight.
In addition, the ijen crater itself has a beautiful panorama, with water in a crater similar to the Ciwidey Crater Bandung, which is a Tosca color with white cliff edges. When the morning comes, tourists can also hunt beautiful sunrise and it’s a pity to miss it.
Mount Ijen Weather and Temperature
Because it is a mountain tour, the temperature in this loacation is very cold. Especially at night when climbing. The temperature can be up to 2 degrees Celsius. Therefore, tourists must remain active in climbing. During climbing, the stars and sky will look brighter so that they will definitely be able to provide new experiences for tourists who are present.
The path to get to Ijen Crater is quite tiring, because all the lanes are climbs and there are almost no derivative lines at all. Of course, for tourists who are not accustomed to going up the mountain, extra adaptation is needed. Therefore, before heading to Ijen it is better to do physical exercise first to prepare the body for easy climbing.
Facilities and Activities at Ijen Crater.
Price of admission Ijen Crater / Mount Ijen Entrance fee 2019
If you want to visit Ijen crater, pay attention to the following ticket prices in order to be able to make tour preparations that are truly in accordance with the budget.
- Domestic visitor in weekdays : IDR 5,000/person
- Domestic visitor in weekends : IDR 10,000/person
- Foreign tourists in weekdays : IDR 100,000/person
- Foreign tourists in weekends : IDR 100,000/person
- Camera fee IDR 10,000,000
Activities and What To Do in Mount Ijen
- Seeing sulfur miners – Ijen Crater becomes a livelihood for some local residents around to mine sulfur. Tourists who come can see the activity in the morning.
- Sunrise view point – Around the Ijen Crater there is a spot to see the best sunrise or sunrise.
- Ijen Blue Fire / Ijen Blue FLame Tour can be witnessed if your climbing trip in midnight, because the blue fire will disappear if dawn has dawned.
Facilities in Ijen Crater Tourism
For who come to Ijen Crater certainly aim to enjoy the natural beauty that is there. Ijen Crater which is also one of the tourist attractions in East Java is included in the tourist attraction with quite complete facilities. Here are some of the facilities
- Food stalls – Around the counter in the Ijen Crater there are many food stalls and also places to eat that can be visited for just breakfast to fill up before climbing. The food served is quite complete and can warm the body.
- Toilet – Still around the entrance gate, there is a public toilett that can be used for urination and defecation purposes.
- Parking location – There are parking locations for both 2-wheeled and 4-wheeled vehicles that are quite spacious and can accommodate tourist vehicles.
- Mask rentals – Because Ijen Crater is still active, tourists are advised to rent special masks to avoid the harmful smell of sulfur
- Extensive hiking trails – Unlike other mountains that have narrow hiking trails, Ijen Crater can be climbed by climbing routes that are quite wide and airy so it is relatively harmless. However, it is still necessary to be careful to be safe until the destination.
- Local “Taxi” – If tourists are not strong enough to climb, because the route is very steep, tourists can take a local “taxi”, which is a cart that can be ridden and pushed or pulled by local residents to help get to the top.
- Souvenirs – Souvenirs or soubenir from Ijen Crater which are mostly sold are carvings from local sulfur.
Travel Tips to Mount Ijen
Travel Tips to mount ijen hike is same with mount bromo tour. But there are some things that need further attention if you want to go to Ijen Crater, starting from the physical to the luggage that will be bring to climb. Here are some travel tips that need to be considered so that your tour runs without obstacles, including:
- Use warm clothes because the temperature in Ijen is very cold. If necessary, use a mountain jacket because the mountain jacket has a thin but very warm character.
- Use special mountain shoes or sandals for walking so that the trip becomes comfortable.
- Bring supplies of snacks such as chocolate or biscuits during the climb to provide stamina when needed.
- Bring supplies of drinking water to anticipate thirst and dehydration.
- Always rent special masks from Paltuding. But if forgetfulness, above usually there are also local residents offering at a price of Rp. 30,000
- Bring a regular mask, because even special masks can sometimes create the smell of sulfur and the eyes become sore.
- Bring a flashlight or headlamp, because climbing is done at night. Optional is use flashlight from phone celullar
- Bring the best camera to capture the rare moments of blue fire.
- Obey orders or recommendations from local officials. If it is forbidden to go up, then don’t go up, because it could be that there is a storm, rain, eruption and so on.
- Take care of cleanliness in any tourist place.
- Perform physical preparation before traveling.
- In order to climb more smoothly, use a backpack as needed.
- Rent a local guide to accompanied your trekking to mount ijen to more safe hiking
Such is the explanation of the Ijen Crater Tourism that needs to be known as information if you want to visit there. I hope this information is helpful. Good luck and climb.
Optional Trips to Mount Ijen provoded by Bromo-Tour.Com
- Mount Ijen Blue Fire Tour / Ijen Blue Flame Tour
- Mount Ijen Tour From Surabaya 2D1N
- Mount Ijen Tour from Bali 2D1N
- Mount Ijen Tour From Banyuwangi
- Mount Bromo Ijen Tour From Surabaya
- Mount Bromo Ijen Tour From Malang
- Mount Bromo Ijen Tour From Probolinggo
- Mount Bromo Ijen Tour From Yogyakarta
- Bromo Ijen Tour From Bali or Banyuwangi